800 g large fresh mushrooms
300 g chopped spinach
100g Chopped onions
2 crushed garlic cloves
10 g butter
100 g grated Parmesan cheese
50 g Chopped pimiento
20 g chopped basil
10 g Chopped oregano
1. Remove stems from mushroom, set top aside.
2. Chop enough mushroom stems. Cook chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic with butter till onion is tender but not browned.
3. Add spinach. cook over low heat till most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in parmesan cheese, pimiento, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper into spinach mixture.
5. Pour mixture into mushroom tops.
6. Arrange stuffed mushroom in baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or till mushrooms are tender.
It is best without the garlic or basil. Substitute Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy for all o f the spices and pimento if you want. Salt it plenty since the spinach is unsalted.
From a Vegetarian Menu & Recipe Sampler